[Tig] DMARC test--Getting Acknowledgement of posts--

Ted Langdell tedlangdell at gmail.com
Wed May 28 04:26:09 BST 2014

On May 27, 2014, at 7:51 PM, Rob Lingelbach via Tig wrote:

>  Because bounce-count and the resulting non-post of the message reply aren't immediately obvious to the replying-poster, the r-p won't know her/his reply isn't going out to the group-at-large for some time (until the bounce threshold is exceeded)

One of the things I've suggested to subscribers of the QuadList (also MailMan based) is to turn on the "AKC" (Acknowledgment) function.  Every time a post is received by the list software, it sends a message like this:

Your message entitled:

SF Bay Area--Spontaneous Quad Videotape Group Dinner--Tomorrow (Wednesday)--Palo Alto--7pm--Cibo's--

was successfully received by the QuadList mailing list.

That's helped determine when there's been a problem, and our webhost support folks indicate it does seem to have some connection with DMARC.

Hope that's helpful.  And if there are any Bay Area TIG members interested in the dinner mentioned, e-mail me off-list for details.

Cheers from 120 miles north east of Silicon Valley and just west of Grass Valley...

Ted

Ted Langdell
Secretary
Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Web:	www.quadvideotapegroup.com
FB:		www.facebook.com/QuadVideotapeGroup

First QuadVideotape Group Dinner at SAA, 7pm, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, Washington, DC

Seventh Annual Quad Videotape Group Dinner at AMIA:  7pm, Tuesday, October 7. 2014, Savannah, Georgia
Eighth Annual Quad Videotape Group Lunch at NAB:  12:30pm on Tuesday, April 14, 2015, Las Vegas Convention Center