[Tig] all-time telecine/color engineer hall of fame nomination calls

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Thu May 29 00:33:59 BST 2014

On May 28, 2014, at 5:02 PM, Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:

> I would like to add these folks to the list of nominations:
>
> Peter Swinson

yes

> Richard Kirk

more of a color scientist; but he deserves it anyway

> Lou Levinson

Lou is a colorist.  well deserving and at the top of the heap for the next go-round.

> Jim Houston

I believe he is a colorist but I’m not sure.  Always at the forefront of innovation.

In proposing this HoF for engineers it was to sing their praises where none previously had been sung.  Colorists have awards galore these days…

but we can institute a colorist award anyway, one restricted to their peers, it would have real value.  but first I need to get through this time of terrible unemployment.

and already I’m up to my ears in updating the TIG and wiki and Semantic wiki and fixing problems with Python and … trying to work as Linux sysadm but when they see that I’m of a certain age they don’t want me.

--
Rob Lingelbach  http://rob.colorist.org