[Tig] all-time telecine/color engineer hall of fame nomination calls

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Thu May 29 02:32:45 BST 2014

On Wed, 28 May 2014, Rob Lingelbach wrote:

>> Jim Houston
>
> I believe he is a colorist but I’m not sure.  Always at the forefront of innovation.

Jim has been actively working for years with the ASC to help with
developing standards for image exchange between facilities (ASC CDL)
and the "Academy Color Encoding System"
(http://www.oscars.org/science-technology/council/projects/aces.html).
He was also heavily involved (likely in charge of) with producing the
StEM reference digital cinema content (http://www.dcimovies.com/StEM/)
which became the basis for evaluating DCI encoders.

At least that is my very distant understanding of some of the
generally useful things he has done.

It would be wrong to nominate Jim Houston without paying homage to the
contributions of Bill Hogan (another Tig member).

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn