[Tig] Scans from different scanners

Tom Rovak trovak at comcast.net
Wed Nov 19 20:14:14 GMT 2014

The scanner light source is always a factor and it seems no 2 are exactly the same. I had a facility that managed several scanners and there were always variances. Sometimes we would scan film for dailies and then several months later when I would do the final grade, a new lamp had been installed. Though the light levels weren't drastically different, they were different. You simply readjusted, that's what being a colorist was about.

Tom Rovak - Executive Producer / Sr. Colorist / Post Production Supervisor
ROVAK COLORIST SERVICES
A Division Of The Annex Studios
Commercials, Feature Films, Music Videos, Long Form
Color Correction, Dailies, Editorial, Finish/VFX
trovak at comcast.net
(815)690-8323
IMDB: http://www . imdb.com/name/nm1652946/?ref_=rvi_nm
Website / Commercial Reel: http://colorist-rovak.com/