[Tig] Scans from different scanners

Carl Skaff carl at stopp.se
Thu Nov 20 12:51:18 GMT 2014

Is anyone doing APD DPX?

/Carl

--
CARL SKAFF
COLORIST STOPP/POST PRODUCTION

STOPP/STHLM
ODENGATAN 104
113 22 STOCKHOLM
OFFICE +46 8 507 035 00 <+46%208%20507%20035%2000>

STHLM | NYC | LA | LDN
WWW.STOPP.SE <http://www.stopp.se/>

Follow me on Instagram @Colorist_CarlSkaff

20 nov 2014 kl. 07:56 skrev Darin Wooldridge <dwooldridge at mac.com>:

Well put Tom!

Isn't ACES still in beta.
A work in progress? Constantly changing?

Darin Wooldridge.

Sent from my iPhone.

On Nov 19, 2014, at 12:14 PM, Tom Rovak via Tig <tig at colorist.org> wrote:

RushTera www.RushTera.com supports the TIG.

=====

The scanner light source is always a factor and it seems no 2 are exactly
the same. I had a facility that managed several scanners and there were
always variances. Sometimes we would scan film for dailies and then several
months later when I would do the final grade, a new lamp had been
installed. Though the light levels weren't drastically different, they were
different. You simply readjusted, that's what being a colorist was about.

Tom Rovak - Executive Producer / Sr. Colorist / Post Production Supervisor

ROVAK COLORIST SERVICES

A Division Of The Annex Studios

Commercials, Feature Films, Music Videos, Long Form

Color Correction, Dailies, Editorial, Finish/VFX

trovak at comcast.net

(815)690-8323

IMDB: http://www . imdb.com/name/nm1652946/?ref_=rvi_nm

Website / Commercial Reel: http://colorist-rovak.com/