[Tig] film restoration software

Jim Wicks jim at jimwicks.com
Sat Nov 29 22:55:23 GMT 2014

Justin,

Thanks for the info. I suspected as much.
PFClean is fast - just not with 2K and 4K uncompressed DPX (unless proxies).

Grace,

DaVinci Revival is EOL - as not announced by Blackmagic Design this year.
It’s just gone from their website.

We purchased 8 Linux units a few years ago, and the machines still run like the roadrunner.
With Revival EOL, it was decided to see what other options we might want to look at.

The Mac we did the PFCLean test on was a late 2012 12 core Mac, 40GIG of RAM, 2 Titan cards in a Cubix Expander Chassis.
We suspect that even with a new tubular Mac, the speed would have been a problem for us.

From our discussions with The Pixel Farm, 2K and 4K uncompressed DPX is and was the issue.
PFClean runs just fine using DPX proxies - but that’s not our pipeline.

So, after testing it for a month - we decided to look at Phoenix next.

Best, Jim

 <http://www.jimwicks.com/>

west palm beach, florida, usa
website: www.JimWicks.com  <http://www.jimwicks.com/>
telephone: +1 (561) 721.5187
email: jim at jimwicks.com
 <http://twitter.com/jimwicks> <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1475979/> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimwicks> <callto://jimwicks> <https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JamesWicks/> <https://www.youtube.com/user/JimWicksColorist> <https://vimeo.com/jimwicks>