[Tig] High quality Super 8 transfer needed

David Dean dixie at westpoint.tv
Wed Sep 10 08:47:03 BST 2014

Hi

We have an Ursa Diamond and can do Super 8 with sound or Standard 8 to
SD formats and have a UKON upconverter to HD. I would have to admit we
are rather a long way away.

David Dean
Westpoint TV
London
+442087423400

On 10/09/2014 06:31, Joav Shdema via Tig wrote:
> =====
>

> We can do 8mm into HD with or without sound.
> Output format for your liking: avi mov mjpeg2k prores 444 422 dv... pal or
> ntsc 23.94 24p 25
> We are in Israel... :-)
>
> Cheers
>
> *Joav ShdemaManaging PartnerDB Digital, archiving conceptsAudio-Video-Film
> Restorationwww.dbdigital.co.il <http://www.dbdigital.co.il>*
>
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 3:52 AM, Rick Schweikert via Tig <tig at colorist.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Sohonet www.sohonet.co.uk sponsors the TIG.
>> RushTera www.RushTera.com supports the TIG.
>> =====
>>

>> Reaching out to the wider TIG.
>>
>> We need a facility to transfer Super 8, approximately 3 hrs running time.
>> Some of the footage has sound.
>>
>> It needs to be an excellent quality transfer, with end result to be
>> integrated as historical/archival use in a feature film.
>>
>> Obvious preference is to HD if the telecine is set up for that, but good
>> quality SD is possible.
>>
>> Please contact me off list if you provide those services and with some
>> detail on what equipment you use.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Rick, FSM Sydney

David Dean
Westpoint Television
Archiving Services
2" Quad , 1" B, 1"C, D1, D2, D3, D5, HDCam and HDV
.5", EIAJ, In Various Standards where supported
Alchemist Ph.C conversions with Clean Cut
Snell and Wilcox Ukon and Teranex for HD frame rate conversions and Up and Down conversions
Digital Vision DVNR with scratch and dropout concealment Snell Shakeout for image stablization Standard Definition Telecine with Standard 8 Super 8 16mm and 35mm gates
Tel 020 8742 3400