[Tig] Video Post and Transfer founder Neil Feldman passes

DOMENIC ROM domrom at optonline.net
Thu Aug 6 14:16:33 BST 2015

Very Sorry to hear about Neil. We had exchanged some emails about his
fight with cancer and he was very optimistic and courageous in his
battle with it.

I first met Neil when Metaspeed was in development. I was at Duart at
the time and I flew down to Dallas with my engineer to take a look at
it. Neil was very proud of what they had done, boastful some would say.
He had every right to be, in it's day it was a nice piece of engineering
and we all made good money while those Ranks crawled along at 6fps.

Neil and I remained friendly over the years, hanging out at SMPTE,NAB
and ITS meetings and the occasional phone call and email exchange. He
was one of the people that has made this industry so interesting and fun
for me all these years.The independent owners like Neil are what made
this business a great career, they had vision and daring, they made
decisions on the fly that corporate CFO's we suffer with today for all
their accounting degrees cannot make. It was truly about the client and
the quality of the work.

We lost an important piece of Telecine and Post history with the passing
of Neil.

Domenic Rom