[Tig] Different letterbox On DisneyX. / Marvel Avengers

Carl Skaff carl at stopp.se
Sun Jan 4 08:30:25 GMT 2015

Hi all

I was watching Disney XD with my kids this morning... On a cartoon called
Marvel Avengers Assemble S1E04

Also found it on YouTube, check from 15min on this link:
http://youtu.be/ep4FXwB9NFg

It weird because it has different letterbox for different shots. Most is
full frame 16/9, but all of a sudden it cuts to a shot with ~2,35 and then
some shots are ~2,00 or 1,90.

I've never seen this before. But I also don't watch too many cartoons
either.

Anyone worked on a project that the director/producer specifically asked to
mix the aspect?

/Carl

--
CARL SKAFF
COLORIST STOPP/POST PRODUCTION

STOPP/STHLM
ODENGATAN 104
113 22 STOCKHOLM
OFFICE +46 8 507 035 00 <+46%208%20507%20035%2000>

STHLM | NYC | LA | LDN
WWW.STOPP.SE <http://www.stopp.se/>

Follow me on Instagram @Colorist_CarlSkaff