[Tig] Ampex VR650

Bert Weyl bweyl33 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 12 22:59:57 GMT 2015

   Hi Nils,
   If I recall correctly, the VR650 was the predecessor to the VR660 - the 1500
   was a much earlier version. I had a VR660C (color bandwidth capable), and
   when they were tuned up and working well, they were absolute workhorses.
   These things were available in both 50 & 60 Hz versions, the 50 Hz ones had
   scanners about 1.5" larger diameter. Unfortunately I lost the original docs
   long ago but I may have backups somewhere - I'll look. I think the video
   proc  is  on  the right side back(viewed from rear, again, if I recall
   correctly), and RF test points for the two heads readily accessible. That's
   where I'd start.
    Also, Good Luck and Happy New Year!
   Bert