[Tig] Ampex VR650

David Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Mon Jan 12 23:22:39 GMT 2015

Bert is correct. The 650 is for 50 hz., the 660 is for 60hz. Linear tape speed for the 650 is 4.1. I.P.S. and 3.7.I.P.S. for the 660.

To see RF, look at the E-2 on the mod-demod board in the rear. There are two video heads on this machine. You should see RF at this point on the machine. When we do transfers, we look at E-2 for RF symmetry.

If the tape you are playing is struggling, it may be sticky and need baking depending on what kind of stock it is. That also may be clogging the heads.

Best Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Transferring NTSC, PAL & SECAM quad and helical source tapes!

david at dcvideo.com
www.dcvideo.com

Follow DC Video on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dcvideo
Follow DC Video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/dcvideoonline