[Tig] AMPEX VR650

Bert Weyl bweyl33 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 19 19:36:34 GMT 2015

   I watched the video and clearly, as Ted says, absolutely need to fix the
   mechanical issues first. I would guess the brake solenoid driver transistor
   might be shorted since it engages at power on, or possibly a logic problem.
   I can't remember for sure where the drivers  are, but in the back of my head
   from a long time ago, I think it's on one of the boards in the front. I also
   seem to recall that there is a connector under the scanner for the solenoid
   that could be separated to temporarily solve the problem.

   Best,
   Bert