[Tig] TIG Researching numbers of telecines and scanners from the beginning of the Rank Cintel era

Grace McKay grace at scanbox.tv
Wed Jan 21 18:13:25 GMT 2015

I know a little bit about the Bosch/BTS/Philips/Thomson/Grass
Valley/DFT/Prasad units, but I am not sure of the accuracy of my
numbers. I believe the worldwide count of Spirits is somewhere around
380. This may not include the last generation of Spirit HD, 2K, and 4K.
Around 70 Shadows were built. FDL-60 serial numbers ran from 100 to 541,
so a total 441 plus or minus. Most FDL-90's were upgraded to Quadras,
but I don't have any numbers on these. There were only 20 Sony Vialtas
built.

I guess a good follow up question would "where are all of the remaining
telecines still in operation?" or "pulled from operation but not yet
scrapped?"

Grace McKay
Electric Pictures
Spirit High Definition Motion Picture Telecine Scanning
*ElectricPictures.tv*
*949-838-0001*