[Tig] TIG Researching numbers of telecines and scanners from the beginning of the Rank Cintel era

Clark Bierbaum bierbaum at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 21 18:45:42 GMT 2015

On Jan 21, 2015, at 1:13 PM, Grace McKay via Tig <tig at colorist.org> wrote:

> I guess a good follow up question would "where are all of the remaining telecines still in operation?" or "pulled from operation but not yet scrapped?"
>
> Grace McKay

Ebay!

Wonder how many years Spirits will continue - I know the imaging head has a limited life and I was at Kodak many years ago (2002?) and they were running their last batch of their imaging heads.  Did Thompson / Phillips / DFT make any spares?

I also wonder about the cost of ownership, power consumption and cooling are a big cost with a telecine, although in the colder climates I guess it could heat the facility as well, the Aga TK?

Miss my old Y-front but not the stress of wondering what tricks it might play on me.

Clark Bierbaum

Color Grading / Post Production Consultant

garnetcolor.com

clark at garnetcolor.com
704.488.2448
Charlotte, NC