[Tig] TIG Researching numbers of telecines and scanners from the beginning of the Rank Cintel era

Peter White (EAFA) Peter.White at uea.ac.uk
Fri Jan 23 14:07:18 GMT 2015

There's a question indeed...

They're certainly keeping the scanner very focused (excuse the pun).  The audio side of things and any addons will be 3rd party.  Doubtful that people buying a $30K scanner will want to spend $xxK getting it to work with their format requirements.  It is priced low enough though that some managers could just buy it without thinking of the implications.

End of the day they don't need to cover their costs for that product.  Their many other products can cover it, they won't lose much if anything.

Peter White
East Anglian Film Archive