[Tig] "That Viral Dress

Kevin Wheatley kevin.j.wheatley at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 14:48:35 GMT 2015

I wouldn't dismiss all the brain science, anecdotally, my wife found
that she could 'swap' from white/gold to blue/black depending on the
amount of the image she could see.

I can't remember the web site but on her tablet she spent quite a
while trying to work out if 'they were messing with her' by changing
the image. She would visit the page it would show a cropped portion of
the image she would sometimes see white/gold, then when scrolled she
would see blue/black, I don't believe there is that much content
dependent image processing going on in the tablet that it would white
balance the image and then change it when scrolled (obviously that is
possible), personally I tried experimenting with rotoing out the dress
and switching in different backgrounds on a variety of devices, I
could only ever see blue/black (with a bonze tint towards the top of
the dress from the specular reflections).

Apparently I'm fixed in my ways and she is non-deterministic :-)

Kevin