[Tig] "That Viral Dress

Sam Daley sdaley at technicolorpwny.com
Wed Mar 4 19:45:03 GMT 2015

The morning after the photo went viral, an Advanced Cinematography class was visiting my company from a local college.  In my DI Theater, I used "the dress" to demonstrate the importance of shooting a grey scale. The cow print material to the left of the dress served as the black/white reference.

I enjoyed all the discussion about color for a few days. The scientific inaccuracies didn't phase me. The world will move on to the next viral sensation and the general public will forget the details. But I do know this – 16 fledgling cinematographers from Brooklyn College will always shoot a greyscale.

Sam Daley

Sent from my iPhone