[Tig] Rank Cintel' s John Millward

peter_swinson at compuserve.com peter_swinson at compuserve.com
Tue Mar 10 11:04:02 GMT 2015

It is with sadness that I advise that John Millward, for many years head of research at Rank Cintel, passed away on 1st March.

John was a real boffin, many of the MKIII developments were down to him. His knowledge of film scanning was second to none.
Indeed I think I may be right in saying that the very first "commercial" HD telecines were his design modifications to the MKIII
which offered full 1920 x 1080 output. Several of these were supplied to the USA. Universal, Hollywood had two of them, where
Dave Bernstien was colorist others were supplied amongst others, to Club Theater Network (CTN) in Florida.

John was not just a genius in design but was one of those guys who had a great sense of humor, he will be sadly missed.

Peter Swinson