[Tig] One inch Type B videotape machine.

Rob Lingelbach roblingelbach at icloud.com
Fri Jul 28 21:35:11 BST 2017

And I can vouch for David, he’s been a stalwart of vintage and modern formats apparently since the beginning.
(was hoping he’d respond to the original posting.)

Seems not all that long ago, but it’s been five years since this colorist left L.A. for the northern lights and climes of Minneapolis and Minnesota.  The most telling observation I can make is that though there is at times a regretful paucity of irony in typical conversation, sincerity, directness, and especially, lack of pretension more than make up for that missed sardonicism i grew to appreciate, while growing up in Manhattan.

I don’t know if this particular program exists in other climes and cities, but here in the Twin Cities, with your Hennepin County Library card (I’m partial to the ł30+-year old Central Library where I work in Downtown Minneapolis, the building a work of art by architect Cesar Pelli) you can watch, via Criterion’s 419+  titles, 10 free per month.

The Criterion collection, as it goes through its seemingly constant remastering, is where this vintage colorist (who loves gray scale, and particularly nitrate) would like to wind down his career.  Are there any TIG subscribers privy to inside information, that would, if nothing else came of it, at least allow one to congratulate and perhaps contribute to their cause, admirable and appreciated by classicists the world over?

Rob Lingelbach
TIG founder (1991) Colorist, Literacy Tutor, amateur photographer (http://lingelbach.us ), amateur classical guitarist with a penchant for the Bach Lute Suites.